After the staggering success of last year, when we raised £2,000 in aid of the Smile of Arran Fund, we have chosen once again to support this cause in memory of local teenager, Arran Tosh, who sadly died from a brain tumour at 13 years old. Arran was an inspiration to everyone in the way he worked tirelessly to raise funds for Cancer UK. Please visit the website for more information about how Arran's legacy is supporting other families in need and hopefully a cure for childhood brain tumours: www.smileofarran.org
Aspiration students will be organising a range of activities at break and lunchtime.
- Daily cakes and sweet sale at break
- Basketball and netball matches Staff v Year 11 students
- Lipsync Contest and Music performances on Wednesday 2 May
- 'Busk -stop' musical entertainment around school
- A non-uniform day on Friday 4 May when students will contribute £1 for the luxury of wearing their own clothes for the day - but they need to wear something green or a hat In support of the Brain Tumour Trust.
- Sponsored walk (or run!) at lunch Friday 4 May: sponsor forms available from the House Office.
- Friday Fairground games at lunchtime - run by Aspiration tutor groups.