Sex and Relationships Policy
Aims and Objectives of our Relationships and Sex Education Policy (RSE Policy)
The Relationships and Sex Education Policy has been developed in accordance with the current requirements of the law, taking into account the Children's Act 1989 and 2004 and the Education Act 1993 and 2002.
- To provide knowledge about relationships (including LGBT+ relationships), adolescence, sexual health, sexuality and the process of human reproduction for students at The Ramsey Academy, Halstead
- The acquisition of understanding and attitudes which prepare students to use that knowledge in a responsible and healthy manner, including awareness of consent.
To encourage the students to appreciate the value of family life, marriage and the responsibilities of parenthood.
- To enable students to recognise the physical, emotional and moral implications of their sexual behaviour and to accept that both sexes must behave responsibly in matters to do with Relationships and Sex.
- To develop skills, including self-confidence and assertiveness, to help students resist pressures towards irresponsible sexual behaviour.
- To enable students to develop social skills and strategies to reduce the risk of exploitation or abuse, including the risks of online pornography, sexting and staying safe online