Teachers will use every relevant subject to develop students’ mathematical fluency. Confidence in numeracy and other mathematical skills is a precondition of success across the national curriculum.
- Numeracy will be an enabler, not a block to accessing the wider curriculum.
- Developing, maintaining and improving standards in numeracy and mathematical skills across the school.
- Ensuring consistency of practice, including methods, vocabulary, notation etc.
- Finding areas for collaboration between subjects.
- Assisting the transfer of students’ knowledge, skills and understanding between subjects.
- Ensuring that all teachers are teachers of numeracy.
- Enable students to improve their problem solving and reasoning to mathematical problems as well as their fluency with arithmetic problems.
To download a full copy of the policy click the link below.Related files